Who do I work with?
My typical client is a woman who is over 40. She is noticing that living the way she always has lived life, at midlife is no longer yielding the same results:
- She can’t eat the way she used to without gaining weight.
- She doesn’t sleep the way she used to, or else she can’t get away with sleeping the way she used to.
- She notices new aches and pains.
- She notices other new “features”: headaches, brain fog, low libido, night sweats, fatigue, low energy, irritability and more…
- Sometimes her annual checkup yields new surprises: hypertension, type II diabetes, high cholesterol or other chronic issues.
Mostly she is feeling the effects of normal midlife hormone changes going on in her body and she knows that something needs to change.
I most enjoy working with women who are:
- Interested in discovering the underlying cause of their problems, rather than just suppressing symptoms;
- Motivated to play an active role in their own healing process
- Willing to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes to support health and well-being.
- Willing to partner with me to create better health and wellbeing for themselves
- Ready to become a success story.
How do I work with patients?
I love solving puzzles. I help women at midlife to create their own healthy “lifestyle formula”. I use a variety of tools, including modern laboratory techniques (saliva, urine, and stool testing), detailed questionnaires, a thorough medical history and examination.
Once we know what the underlying causes and issues are I’ll do acupuncture treatments and bodywork to address them. I’ll also use nutritional therapy, herbal medicine, supplements, stress management, detoxification and lifestyle changes to help you create a “lifestyle formula” that works best for you. Deep and lasting healing are only possible when the root causes of illness are addressed. Many chronic illnesses can be prevented and even reversed.
What is my treatment philosophy?
- I treat the whole person not just the symptoms or the disease.
- I partner with my clients: I educate and empower my clients to be active participants in their healing processes.
- Treatments are individualized based on your needs. They combine the best of modern and traditional medicines.
- My intention is always to prevent and reverse disease, promote optimal function and improve your quality of life.
Do you take insurance?
I do not accept insurance. I accept Visa, Mastercard, health savings cards, cash, and personal checks. Please check with your insurance company in order to determine if your plan includes out-of-network benefits. If so, you can submit a statement from your consultation and the insurance company may reimburse you directly.
Do you work with people outside of the San Francisco Bay Area?
Yes, I offer long-distance consultations (national and international) via telephone, Skype audio or Skype video for those who live outside of the SF Bay Area.